Yakyuu (やきゅう) is the Japanese word for baseball, first introduced to Japan from America in 1872. Although sumo is considered the national sport, baseball has historically been the most popular, with the Nippon Professional Baseball league being the largest professional sports competition. The league consists of two six-team circuits; the Central League and the Pacific League. Although the rules are mostly the same as Major League Baseball, there are some technical differences. The Nippon league uses a smaller strike zone and playing field, and uses a smaller, harder baseball.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.