Toro (灯楼), with characters meaning “light tower,” are another type of Japanese lanterns that are made from stone. Yukimi-doro, like the one illustrated, have curved legs with a wide umbrella and are used exclusively in gardens. Traditionally, they are placed near the water, and sometimes with two legs in the water with one on land. The oldest yukimi-doro can be found at the Katsura villa in Kyoto and are from the early Edo period (seventeenth century).
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.