Tengu (天狗) are legendary creatures in Japanese folk religion, and are also a type of Shinto god and supernatural being. Originally, tengu were thought to take the forms of birds of prey and the earliest interpretations were pictured with beaks, a feature now humanized by exaggerated noses. Tengu are considered to be dangerous but protective spirits of mountains and forests and are patrons of martial arts. The illustration depicts a tengu mask worn at festivals and plays.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.