Tanchozuru (タンチョウヅル) is also known as the Japanese red-crowned crane, and is a sacred symbol in Japan. These tall, graceful birds are synonymous with loyalty, fidelity, good luck, and are said to live for 1000 years. They are lifelong mates and are known for their expressive dancing rituals. There are two main populations of the Japanese crane in Japan. One group resident to Hokkaido does not migrate and can be seen at Kushiro Shitsugen National Park all year round. These cranes are endangered species and an estimated 2500 birds remain in the wild.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.