Tanabata (七夕), known as the Star Festival, is a day celebrated in Japan on either July 7th or August 7th depending on local customs. The day celebrates the love story of Orihime and Hikoboshi, who are represented by the stars Vega and Altair, and are said to meet when the skies are clear and the stars intersect. On Tanabata, people write wishes on pieces of paper and hang them on bamboo trees, along with other handmade ornaments to bring good luck.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.