Sukajan (スカジャン), also known as the Japanese souvenir jacket, has a history that goes back to World War II when American troops stationed in the Pacific wanted to have a souvenir to bring back home. They asked tailors in Yokosuka to embroider maps and “Oriental” motifs including koi, Geisha, dragons, and even tigers, reflecting the general American perception of the East during that time. The most famous sukajan tailor is Tailor Toyo, who created over 95% of the original jackets and are still making them today.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.