Shodo (書道) is a form of calligraphy of the Japanese language which was introduced to Japan through China around 600 A.D. Many of the basic shodō principles and techniques are similar and use the same scripts or styles as Chinese calligraphy, such as seal script, regular script, semi-cursive, and cursive. The four most basic tools required for shodo are called “Four Treasures of the Study,” and include the brush, inkstick, paper, and an inkstone.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.