Onsen (温泉) is the term used for both Japanese hot springs, as well as the bathing facilities and inns centered around them. Japan, a volcanically active country, has thousands of onsen and are a huge part of domestic tourism. Traditionally, onsen were all located outdoors, but many inns now contain indoor facilities and private baths as well. Onsen refers to springs that use water from naturally heated geothermal springs, as opposed to “sento” which use heated tap water. The waters of an onsen are believed to have healing powers and inns often advertise the type of water and minerals their onsen contains.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.