Nishikigoi (錦鯉), meaning “brocaded carp,” are ornamental varieties of carp known as “koi” in English. They are generally kept outdoors in ponds and water gardens for decorative purposes. Koi come in many different varieties, with major colours being white, black, red, and yellow. The most popular group are called the “gosanke” and named after the Tokugawa royal family. Koi can live for up to 50 years on average, although it’s been said that the oldest known specimen named “Hanako” lived from 1751 to 1977—making her 226 years old at the time of her death!
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.