Men (面) is the name of the mask worn in the kendo martial art. Typically, it is included with three other pieces: the do (breastplate), the tare (waist armour), and the kote (gloves), and make up the set called “bogu.” Kendo descended from kenjutsu swordsmanship and uses bamboo swords called “shinai.” It was briefly banned in 1946 during the war but was allowed to return in 1952 after the martial arts ban was lifted. It is continued to be practiced as an educational sport today.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.