Konpeito (金平糖) is a Japanese candy made of hardened sugar syrup. They are made in various colours but without any particular flavour. The word konpeito comes from the Portuguese word “confeito” which is also a type of sugar candy. In the early 16th century, this particular technique of candy production was introduced to Japan by Portuguese traders. Konpeito is the inspiration behind Star Bits in Super Mario Galaxy, as well as Gratitude Crystals in the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The susuwatari “soot sprites” in Studio Ghibli’s Spirited Away can be seen eating konpeito.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.