Kitsune (狐) is the Japanese word for fox, a common subject in Japanese folklore which depicts them as intelligent creatures possessing magical abilities. In Yokai folklore, kitsune have the ability to shape-shift into humans. Some tales depict kitsune as being cunning tricksters, but others portray them as being faithful friends and guardians. The origin of “moshi moshi,” the greeting used when answering a phone in Japan, is debatable, but one myth is that kitsune are unable to speak complete words and “moshi moshi” proves to the caller that you aren’t a kitsune in disguise.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.