Kendama (けん玉) is a traditional Japanese toy made of wood. It has a spike at the top, three cups, and a ball with a hole attached by a string. The basic goal is to catch the ball in one of the cups, or land the ball with the hole on the spike. There are hundreds of further tricks and variations, and advanced players may compete at competitions such as the Japanese Kendama Association contest which has been running since 1979. The British Kendama Association held the first formal competition outside Japan in 2008.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.