Kaede (楓), meaning “frog’s hands,” is the name of the Japanese maple (Acer palmatum). It is also known as “momiji,” which is a term commonly used to describe autumn foliage in general. There are three sub-species of the tree with over 1000 different cultivars in a variety of sizes. The Japanese maple has been an important part of Japanese art, culture, and poetry for many centuries. Similar to the hanami “cherry blossom viewing” in spring, people flock to the mountains to see the trees turn colour—a term called “momiji-gari,” meaning “maple tree hunting.”
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.