Kadomatsu (門松), meaning “gate pine,” is a traditional Japanese ornament placed outside homes to celebrate the New Year and welcome ancestral spirits. The designs vary from region to region, but they are usually made of bamboo, pine, and other embellishments such as ume tree sprigs. Similar to ikebana traditions, the heights of the bamboo shoots are meant to signify heaven, earth, and humanity. They are placed in pairs outside the home to represent both males and females.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.