Kabuto (兜) is a type of helmet worn by ancient Japanese warriors, and eventually became a very important element of armour worn by the samurai class in feudal Japan. Helmets like these date back to the fifth century; long before the samurai class existed. A typical kabuto features a dome constructed of metal plates riveted together, a neck guard curved around the back and sides, and are decorated with crests called “datemono” or “tatemono.” One of the most popular crests are stylized deer horns. Darth Vader’s character design is inspired by the kabuto helmet.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.