Ikebana (生け花) is the Japanese art of flower arrangement, and is also known as kado. It is a disciplined art form that goes beyond simply adding flowers to a vessel. Some forms of ikebana consist of just three main parts, where the longest stem signifies heaven, the second longest signifies earth, and the smallest signifies humans. Many practitioners believe that the process should be done in silence as a way of appreciating nature in a way that is often overlooked in their busy lives. The oldest school of ikebana is Ikenobo, founded in Kyoto in the 15th century. Today, it has hundreds of chapters around the world.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.