Hinamatsuri (雛祭り) is a day celebrated in Japan each year on March 3. Also called “Doll’s Day” or “Girls’ Day,” platforms covered in red carpet display sets of dolls called “hina-ningyo” which represent the Emperor, Empress, attendants and musicians in the traditional dress of the Heian period. A full set includes seven platforms and are decorated with a variety of miniature furniture, lanterns, carriages, and more. During hinamatsuri, it is tradition to drink sake, hina-arare crackers, and diamond-shaped coloured mochi rice cake.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.