Happi (法被) is a traditional Japanese coat made of cotton with a printed crest or logo. Today, happi coats are usually worn at festivals, but in the past were worn by shopkeepers and firefighters with symbols referring to the business or brigade they were associated with. The happi depicted displays the kanji 祭 meaning “festival.”
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.