Furisode (振袖), literally “swinging sleeves,” is the most formal style of kimono worn by young, unmarried Japanese women. The long sleeves are attached to the body for just a short distance, allowing the lining to show on the inner as well as outer edges. They are made of very fine silk, and are often rented instead of purchased due to their high cost. The furisode is most often worn by 20-year-old women when celebrating “Coming of Age Day” on the second Monday in January. It is uncommon to wear a furisode once married or after turning 30.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.