Dorayaki (どら焼き) is a Japanese sweet, consisting of two pancakes made of castella sponge and traditionally filled with sweet Azuki red bean paste. A variety of alternative fillings exist today, including chocolate cream, custard, matcha cream, and lemon cream. Originally, dorayaki was only a single layer, but the sandwiched pancakes were invented in Ueno, Tokyo in 1914. In some areas of Kansai, it is also known as “mikasa.” The famous character Doraemon’s favourite food is dorayaki.
Available in two sizes. Frame not included.
- Material: Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite Eggshell 270gsm acid-free card from GF Smith
- Printing process: Archival giclee pigment ink
- Origin: Printed and hand-cut in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Delivery times & prices
We ship worldwide. 日本へ国際郵便で送ります。
- UK deliveries: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail 1st class
- International deliveries available via Royal Mail International Standard Airmail
- Prices calculated during checkout
For more information on shipping times for international deliveries, please check the delivery & returns page.
Due to travel arrangements, I will be shipping these prints around August 18, 2017.